Just because the 4th is over, doesn't mean the glow is gone! Keep your sparkle going strong by staying hydrated. I know, I know, we often hear about the importance of staying hydrated; but it's the truth! Quenching your cells with H2O not only is a great way to recover from the holiday weekend, it helps your body in SO many ways! Here are my top 5 reasons that I love water!
- It helps keep your cells functioning at the full capability!
- It lubricates your joints!
- Your body is better able to regulate its temperature!
- All of the nutrients in your body (and wastes) are moved more efficiently throughout your system!
- Your complexion becomes more radiant! Puffiness decreases and your skin looks more dewy!
With it being summer time, it's likely that you're sweating more. Be sure to carry around a water bottle so that you're not left stranded like you're in the Sahara! My favorite water bottle is the Hydroflask! I seriously do not leave home without mine. It keeps my water cool all day long (even after being the AZ heat) AND it's an easy way for me to track how much I've drank since I know it's 21 oz.
While everybody differs in the amount of water that they optimally need, a great way to determine your H2O goal is to take your weight and divide it by 2. That's how many ozs you need!
For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, that's 160/2 = 80 oz of water